Going to Disney World for the first time can be a little intimidating. You may not be sure what to expect or how to even prepare for your trip.
As your newest Disney obsessed friend here are some of the things I really think you should know:
- Don’t be intimidated by planning. A little goes a long way! Not everyone is ready or willing to have a color coded spreadsheet kind of trip. If the idea of doing any planning causes you angst you can always contact an authorized Disney Vacation planner to walk you through it.
- You will not see everything. Not even close. Pick a couple of must do items and everything else is sprinkles on the cupcake.
- Just because you are in a magical place does not mean that your children will be magically changed. Remember their personality at home and adjust your plans.
- Your “big reveal” of a surprise Disney trip may be a bust, but that doesn’t mean your trip will be. We’ve all seen the YouTube videos where the children react perfectly to finding out about the trip. Guess what – no one posts the other videos.
- There should really be a couch to Disney fitness training plan.
- Check the planned closings/refurbishment schedule for the time of your trip. There is nothing worse than talking up the Haunted Mansion only to find it is closed the entirety of your visit. Here’s a place to check.
- Your child might be terrified of the characters. Or at least all of the princes, in my daughter’s case.
- First trip equals no expectations from your kids. Savor it.
- Be flexible and have fun! A lot will go how you planned and some won’t, but with the right attitude you can find the fun in it all.
Do you need more help planning your Disney World trip? Check out other Disney World tips and tricks in my Disney World Guides.
Or are you going to Disneyland in California? I have helpful articles for you, too!